Habitat for Humanity Sarasota has partnered with several area businesses to offer free Pathway to Homeownership classes in order to give our homeowner candidates tools to be successful homeowners.
Through these classes, future Habitat homeowners are given instruction directly from industry experts on how to create a family budget, cook healthy meals, and properly maintain their homes. The topics covered are:
- Learning legal documents that will be signed at closing with The Law Office of Michael J Belle, P.A.
- The responsibilities of owning a home and why a homeowner’s insurance policy is required with Ben Brown Insurance
- The importance of budgeting and using tools to track purchases with Wells Fargo
- Routine home maintenance, like changing air conditioning filters and landscaping best practices with Home Depot
- Cooking healthy family meals on a budget with Publix Aprons Cooking School
“We are fortunate to have the active support of the business community so we can empower our Habitat homeowner candidates with knowledge for success,” says Renee Snyder, President and CEO, Habitat Sarasota.