No matter who we are or where we come from, we all deserve to have a decent life. We deserve to feel strength and stability day after day. We deserve to know we have the power to take care of ourselves and build our own futures.
Our application cycle has been temporarily suspended, please check back regularly for updates.
Do You Qualify
a. HAVE A HOUSING NEED
- You must fit within our specific income range as determined by 2018 HUD income limits.
- Overcrowded conditions
- Unsafe, unsanitary conditions
- Substandard housing – with a leaky roof, poor heating or lacking proper plumbing
- Paying a very high percentage of your income for rent (more than 30 percent)
b. HAVE THE ABILITY TO PAY AN AFFORDABLE MORTGAGE
- Have one year of steady, verifiable income.
- Have reasonably good credit. (We don’t require perfect credit. We consider families who demonstrate the ability to make regular payments on their bills.)
c. HAVE THE WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER WITH HABITAT FOR HUMANITY SARASOTA
- Have lived or worked in Sarasota for one year.
- Willing to contribute sweat equity toward your home and the home of other Habitat homeowners.
If you do not meet these requirements, exceptions are rare and would be made on a case-by-case basis. You also can find more affordable housing information by visiting www.floridahousingsearch.org.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Habitat for Humanity Sarasota, Inc. is designated exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. No goods or services have been provided as a result of your contribution rendering your gift completely tax-deductible. Habitat Sarasota's tax identification number is 59-2495597 and Florida Registration number is CH5684. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. FDACS's toll-free number is 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352). The FDACS website is www.800helpfla.com.